Wednesday 18 August 2010

Daily Sketch 18/08/2010


I’ve been a busy bee all evening updating my website which I’m hoping to re-launch some time next week and I completely forgot that I had yet to do a sketch today!

At about 9pm after a full days work and 4 hours hard html time I almost decided to skip a day and go to bed but I told myself that would be the first step on a very slippery slope that probably ends in a cactus field! I’m not a big fan of cactus (the ones I bring home always die within days) so I picked up my pencil and although the results are a bit iffy the important point is I plodded on anyway.

So today’s sketch is actually of my screen saver (well I did say I was tired) it is a slushy scene from the movie Stardust. It was only after starting this sketch that I realised just how odd the lighting is, I assume they were trying to make Evane “shine”. I’ll be watching out for odd lighting next time I chose a movie scene as a reference as it makes for very hard going.

No comments:

Post a Comment