Friday 15 April 2011

Petals in the rain – WIP 3

It seems like forever since the last time I posted and my only excuse is that for I’ve been dreadfully distracted. Between a few minor emergencies, my sudden desire to spring clean and decorate and the discovery of the very addictive Twilight Saga I just haven’t been in the mood to finish this painting.

That aside, nothing absolves me from not posting my most recent progress which has been sat on my camera for quite a while. So, here it is. Since my last post I have put the first wash on the background details, added detail to the parasol, and put some shades into the kimono. Not as much progress as I should have made by a long shot but I often get my inspiration from the books I’m reading at once I’ve finished “The short second life of Bree Tanner” I will be reading “Geisha” by Liza Daley which should put me in the right frame of mind to finish this painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment