Sunday 13 November 2011

Flying Circus WIP 2

Today I’ve spent most of my time working on the foreground mountains which have worked out far better than I expected.

Before I started I decided that it was time that I had my own brush set so I spent about an hour creating several different texture brushes for different uses. My favourite of these was created using one of my own photos of a weeping willow. All my work today was done using this brush.

Anyway, I worked the mountains in only 3 colours (White, Mid Grey, Dark Grey) with various blending settings. I’m a big fan of using only 2 or 3 colours and the picking and blending what I have and it’s worked a treat here.

Once the mountains were finished I wanted to get a better sense of the finished colours I would be going for so I removed the old background and scribbled in a far richer one. The middle distance will now be a forest of pine trees. I haven’t decided what to do with the city yet so I’ve left it black and white. At the moment I’m edging towards making it at least partly gold so maybe I’ll test that out next time. Finally I’ve put more mountains in the distance.

I’m really happy with where this is going so far and I’m looking forward to finishing the background and starting to work on the circus ship.


No comments:

Post a Comment