Saturday 18 February 2012

Cherry Blossom - Work In Progress


Yesterdays upload glitch has magically resolved itself so I can finally share with you my current work in progress (well, one of them anyway) It was only a matter of time before a geisha made her way into one of my burlesque paintings, this one started off as a speed doodle but has developed so well that I intend to turn her into a finished piece.
Originally I had no plans to add the cherry blossoms, they were a spur of the moment idea but now I love them so I will be re-drawing them in a little cleaner before finishing the sash and fan.

Don’t forget that I will be at the vintage fair at The Vic in Swindon tomorrow with fantastic artist Jennie Anderson and our Burly Boo stall. Pop along and say hello if you’re in the area.


3 comments:

  1. Oh I like this one! Love the cherry blossom idea-it fits!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Hopefully I'll have it finished and turned into a new product before the next vintage fair. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot!! Get movin girl lol

    ReplyDelete