Tuesday 24 July 2012

Make Way for the King – WIP 2


So I’ve started adding colour to this painting tonight and I’ve already discovered that I hate painting armour almost as much as I hate painting hair… Good thing I’m not working on a painting with lots of armour clad knights then isn’t it?!
So far I like the way this is going. I’ve slightly altered the frame and face of the king from my greyscale under-painting and tweaked a few things slightly. Once I’ve got all of the base colour down I’ll probably tweak it a lot more. I’m not sure whether to change the shadow on the kings face so that you can see his eyes… In the photo his eyes are completely in shadow and although I’m not sticking rigidly to the source material I do like the contrast but in my painting I’m not so sure. I guess I’ll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment