Saturday 31 July 2010

"Elegance 1" - Part of the Geisha Studies

Monday, 5 July 2010
"Elegance 1" - Part of the Geisha Studies


“Elegance 1” is the first old fashioned painting I’ve done in quite some time and she’s made me realise just how much I miss it.

The painting which is the result of my fascination with the stunning and iconic image of the geisha, particularly when mixed with the sometimes unpleasant sides of the tradition, is the start of a set of Geisha studies focusing on the almost fantasy nature of their appearance.

This painting (which in my opinion is a little cross eyed lol) is destined for my mothers Christmas stocking as she hasn’t stopped mentioning it since she came round for a cuppa several weeks ago! However before it head off to live with the geisha “doll” I bought her several years ago I will be using it as a reference piece for a second version in which I hope to improve on the detail and colour… as well as uncrossing the eyes!

“Elegance 1” was created in Gouache and coloured pencil on cartridge paper.

This painting is available as a note card on my Zazzle store at www.zazzle.co.uk/amatheya*

No comments:

Post a Comment