Wednesday, 15 September 2010

Aslan – Work in Progress


I’ve finally started painting again. This is going to be a colour copy of my Aslan sketch, I’ve got some base colour down and I want to get the background finished before tackling the lion.

In my previous 2 paintings I’ve used water mixable oils with water as the medium but this time I’ve started using liquin. From all I’d read I thought working with liquin wouldn’t make much difference but I was wrong. It makes the paint move completely different. For want of a better term it seems to make the paint feel slimy. I think I prefer it.

1 comment: