Friday 1 October 2010

Watercolour Lion Work In Progress

It seems recently that I keep coming back to lions. It’s odd really as I’ve never had a particular love of them. I however really do enjoy drawing and painting them and through that I have come to appreciate how beautiful they really are.

Today I started a new water colour based on a lion that I have sketched before. He’s a bit old and battle worn but I think he’s got lots of character. I haven’t worked in watercolour for ages and for this painting I pulled out my old watercolour pastels that I was given by a grandparent when I was at school. (That seems like such a long time ago!) I certainly think that the struggles I’ve been going through trying to understand colour for oil painting has paid off because I’ve found it very easy to mix the colours that I was looking for and I’m happy that I’ve got reasonable base to my painting painting. I’m going to try to finish painting tomorrow after I’ve worked on my Aslan oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment