Wednesday 23 November 2011

RIP Anne McCaffrey



I rarely blog about real world news but I was truly sadden to learn that the Anne McCaffrey passed away today at the age of 85.

Ann McCaffrey has been writing since the 60’s and I’ve been a fan of hers for over half my life thanks to her Dragon Rider books. Since reading Dragonflight I’ve tracked down nearly everything she’s ever written and read it at least twice. Many of those books have become staple favourites of mine and inspiration for my artwork…. It was a model dragon based on her character Ramoth that earned me the A* in my Art GCSE that convinced me to go to art school.

It’s very sad to think of all the stories that will now never be written but Ann has left a huge legacy for sci-fi fans that won’t soon be forgotten.

RIP Anne McCaffrey and thank you for the dragons.

No comments:

Post a Comment